District History

Established in 1877
The Webb City School District was established in 1877 to serve the students of Webb City. Prior to the establishment of the Webb City Reorganized School District in 1968, area youth who lived outside the Webb City School District were educated in numerous one room rural school districts and in high school districts in incorporated communities nearby. Over the years, consolidation and reorganization plans were initiated with the goal of providing better quality educational programs in a more efficient manner. in September, 1968, final reorganization took place when the Carterville School District voted, as had Alba in 1967, to become part of the Jasper County Reorganized School District R-VII, to be known and referred to as the Webb City R-7 School District.

Below is a listing of the indiviidual school districts that once operated within what is now the Webb City R-7 School District:

Pearl Hill Rural School consolidated with Oronogo School District
Jackson Rural School consolidated with the Carterville School District
Tower of Light Rural School consolidated with the Carterville School District
Neck City School District consolidated with Alba School District
Purcell School District consolidated with Alba School District
Prairie Flower Rural School consolidated with Webb City School District
Prosperity Rural School consolidated with Webb City School District
Perseverance Rural School consolidated with Webb City School District
Underwood Rural School consolidated with Webb City School District
Oronogo School District reorganized with Webb City School District in 1964
Alba School District reorganized with Webb City School District in 1967
Carterville School District reorganized with Webb City School District

Webb City School District Superintendents

1888-1890 Theodore Axline

1890-1895 W.F. Stevens

1895-1902 A.G. Young

1925-1927 George E. Masters

1979-1998 Dr. Ronald R. Barton

2010- Dr. Anthony Rossetti

1902-1904 J.E. Gray

1904-1905 J.W. Storms

1905-1912 R.S. Nichlos

1912-1920 C. A. Greene

1920-1923 C.W. Oldham

1923-1925 M.F. Hale

1927-1951 D.R. McDonald

1951-1958 Robert Clark

1958-1979 Lawrence L. Miner

1979-1998 Dr. Ronald R. Barton

1998-2010 Dr. Ronald L. Lankford