Drop off/Pick Up Procedures
- Students may not be dropped off before 7:30 a.m. If arriving before that time, students must remain in the car until the doors open.
- Tardy bell rings at 8:00 am.
- Transportation changes (between car or bus rider) must be made prior to 2:00 p.m.
- Student bus stops may only be changed when a parent/guardian brings proof of residence to the office and makes a permanent change. (No one-day or short-term changes.)
- Anyone checking out students in the office must bring a photo ID and be on the student's approved pick-up list.
Car Line Procedures
***Anyone picking up students must display their Student Pick-Up Sign. (These will be provided in the first week of school.) If the adult picking up the child does not have a Student Pick-Up Sign, they will be required to come to the main office doors and use their photo ID to check the child out. This is for the safety of our students. All parents picking up students must travel through the car pick-up line.***
Car Line - Drive Through
- Stay to the right of Wilson St. behind the school to drop-off or pick-up your child.
- In the morning, your child should be ready to exit on the right-hand (passenger) side of your car.
- In the afternoon, display your Student Pick-Up Sign on your passenger visor if possible..
- Students will be unloaded and loaded at the sign, so please pull all the way forward..
- Once in-line on Hall Street in the afternoon, do not let anyone get in front of you in line or it will mess up our pick-up numbering system.
Follow Drop-off and Pick-up Route:
- Car Line: begin by traveling on Pine Street and turn west on Hall Street; north on Christina Street; and then east on Wilson Street at the pick-up spots.
Carterville Pick-Up Sign:
- Signs will be handed out out during first week of school.
- Display on passenger visor dash.
- Have sign up before you get to the intersection of Elizabeth and Hall Streets. A staff member will be there to input your child’s name.
- Staff member will give a thumbs up when we get your child’s name.
- Leave your sign up until your child is in the car.
- Drive all the way up to the numbered sign.
- Once your child is in your car, you may exit North on Elizabeth or continue East on Wilson.