Dress and Personal Appearance Requirements
DRESS AND PERSONAL APPEARANCE
All aspects of dress and personal appearance are extremely important in developing the best atmosphere for educational attainment. Students are expected to be well groomed and neatly dressed at all times. Dress and appearance must not present health or safety hazards, be indecent, disruptive, distracting, or inappropriate for the classroom. Although final decisions as to the appropriateness of dress and personal appearance is determined by school officials, the following rules serve as guidelines:
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Shorts are not acceptable. Length of trousers and slacks must fall at least below the calf.
- Head coverings in the building are not acceptable.
- Attire must be worn in the manner for which it was designed and must be free of obscene or suggestive markings, advertisements of tobacco, alcoholic beverages, drugs, and/or other products deemed inappropriate by school officials.
- Halter tops, spaghetti-strapped tops, transparent blouses/shirts, lingerie or lingerie-look outer attire, backless apparel, or items that fail to conform to accepted standards of modesty and good taste are not acceptable.
- All tops must have enough length to extend beyond the waistband of pants/skirts at all times. Sleeveless shirts must have modest armholes. Girls’ tops must have at least 2-inch straps.
- Dresses and/or skirts must be to the knee.
- Attire or wearing of attire in a manner that suggests gang association is not acceptable.
- Torn or tattered clothing is not acceptable. NO HOLES in Jeans
- Unnatural hair coloring (fuchsia, green, blue, etc.) is not acceptable.
- Leggings may only be worn under dresses or skirts that extend to the knees.
- Yoga pants are acceptable as long the shirt or sweater completely covers the buttocks.
STUDENTS VIOLATING THE DRESS CODE ARE REQUIRED TO CHANGE AND ARE UNEXCUSED FOR THAT TIME PERIOD. DETENTION MAY ALSO BE ASSIGNED.