Welcome to the WCHS Student Resources Home Page!
Grades 9-11 Summer Info:
CAN I TAKE MY CHROMEBOOK HOME FOR THE SUMMER?
- Yes, most students have the option to take their chromebook home for the summer.
YOU CANNOT TAKE IT HOME IF:
- you are currently in check in/check out and/or you have an unpaid repair fee
- you are moving out of the Webb City School District over the summer
- you will be homeschooled next school year
- your parents don’t want you to have it over the summer
- you prefer not to take your device home for the summer
- you need to have your chromebook repaired over the summer
Chromebooks and chargers should NOT be left in lockers or in classrooms over the summer. If you don’t want to take your device home, bring it to the LMC before you leave for summer break. You can pick up your chromebook in August when you pay your insurance for next year.
For more information, click HERE to go to the Summer Chromebook Information page.
- Seniors, please turn in your chromebook, charger, and bag by Friday, May 28 unless you have permission to keep it for summer school credit recovery.
Summer School Informational Slide Show
- Click HERE to see the 2021 Summer School Slide Show.
Chromebooks should be charged at home each night:
It is your responsibility to bring your chromebook to school fully charged each day and to bring your charger with you to school in case you need it. Please do not get in the habit of only charging your device at school. Most classrooms do not have enough wall plugs/power strips to handle the demand.
Chromebook Battery Health:
Never use a usb-c type phone charger to charge your chromebook. This will damage the battery in your device. Make sure you are using the charger that came with the device. If you need to purchase a replacement chromebook charger, please bring $15 to the Tech HelpDesk in the Library.
Please make sure you do not let your chromebook's battery run down below 15%.
- If your battery gets to 1%, your chromebook may not turn back on until you've left your device on the charger for a while and it may reset to factory settings.
- Running your battery down to 1% frequently will also shorten its life.
- Please do not let your chromebook go to sleep if you have a Google Play app open or if you have video and game tabs open. That will drain your battery very quickly.
If your chromebook or a website you use is having issues, you may need to Clear the Cache & Cookies, Reset Settings, do a Hardware Reset, or do a ChromeOS Update. Sometimes just restarting your device will fix issues.
For more information on how to troubleshoot your specific issue, please see the following document:
WCR7 Student Device - Troubleshooting Common Issues (link goes to a Google Doc)
If you don't see your problem listed, please stop by the HelpDesk.