The Webb City School District utilizes DESE approved vendors for online learning, which allows our students to gain access to a variety of rigorous online courses, available for K-12. Enrollment in virtual courses must occur during the first two weeks of the semester, and only those students enrolled in a Missouri public school the semester prior will be eligible for online learning enrollment. Below you will find a link to the district’s school board policy regarding online courses, and a link to the DESE (Department of Elementary and Secondary Education) MOCAP page. If you would like additional information about online courses please contact your building’s counselor or principal.
When determining if enrollment in a virtual course is the best educational decision for a student, the student and parent might consider the following information:
- The student has demonstrated time-management skills that indicate the student is capable of submitting assignments and completing course requirements without reminders.
- The student has demonstrated persistence in overcoming obstacles and willingness to seek assistance when needed.
- The student has demonstrated verbal or written communication skills that would allow the student to succeed in an environment where the instructor may not provide nonverbal cues to support the student's understanding.
- The student has the necessary computer or technical skills to succeed in a virtual course.
- The student has access to technology resources to participate in a virtual course.
- The student previously has been successful with virtual coursework.