2022 BOND ISSUE
Members of the Webb City R-7 School Board recently voted to bring before voters an $11 million bond issue on Tuesday, April 5th, 2022, with the purpose of constructing, improving, repairing, renovating, furnishing, and equipping new and existing school facilities. Funding will allow the district to construct contemporary science classrooms, a virtual learning lab, and a general classroom space at the high school. Renovations to Cardinal Theatre and an enclosed hallway from Buck Miner Swim Center to the east side of the high school will also be included in the bond. Construction of an ADA compliant, turfed, outdoor space for the middle school physical education classes that can also serve as a multi-purpose practice area for junior and senior high fine arts students, athletes, and youth programs has been incorporated into the proposal.
Click here to read the Resolution calling an Election on a General Obligation Bond for Webb City R-7 School District.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON RENOVATIONS/UPGRADES
HIGH SCHOOL CLASSROOMS:
• Renovate and improve two high school science classrooms that were constructed in 1984.
• Construct a Virtual Learning Lab for students who are enrolled in blended learning (online and in-person courses). The Virtual Learning Lab will provide a space for students who are enrolled in virtual and in-person learning, thus eliminating the need for students to leave and re-enter the building throughout the school day.
• Construct a contemporary FACS (Family and Consumer Science) classroom that includes modern kitchen equipment. The FACS classroom upgrades will allow students to earn their Pro-Start Certificate in Culinary Arts for the restaurant and food industry.
HIGH SCHOOL CORRIDOR:
• Construct an enclosed hallway from Buck Miner Swim Center to the east side entrance (counselor's office) of the high school. The corridor will aid in student and staff safety throughout the school day as well as provide enclosed access to and from the high school for aquatics classes.
HIGH SCHOOL THEATRE:
• Renovate and improve Cardinal Theatre to include a more temporary theatre and lecture hall. Cardinal Theatre was originally constructed in 1970.
MIDDLE SCHOOL OUTDOOR SPACE:
• Construct an ADA-compliant outdoor space for middle school physical education classes. Bad weather has often left the field space at the middle school unplayable. The turfed space will provide increased square footage for students to access while outdoors. Additionally, it will also serve as a multi-purpose practice space for the junior and senior high band students, athletes, and youth programs.