Virtual Parent-Teacher Conferences Information
Fall Parent Teacher Conferences:
- The high school's Fall Parent-Teacher Conferences will be held Tuesday and Wednesday, October 20 & 21 from 3-7pm.
- All meetings will be held online through the teacher's Zoom meeting room. If you are using a phone or tablet, you will need to have the Zoom app installed.
How to Install Zoom on a Phone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z16EQnJk2GU
- Conferences will be limited to 10 minutes and parents will be admitted into the Zoom meeting based upon order of entry into the teacher's waiting room. You can only be in one teacher's waiting room at a time.
- You are not required to meet with all of your student's teachers. You may choose to meet with only certain teachers based upon your student's needs.
- If your child is failing a class, their homeroom teacher should have contacted you last week.
Alternate Conference Times:
Some coaches and teachers may have other supervision responsibilities during the high school's set parent-teacher conference times. Those teachers will have a *** after their name on the Staff Directory to indicate that they will not be available on one or both of the set days. Those teachers should have emailed their alternate conference times to their students. If you are not sure when those alternate times are, feel free to click on the teacher's Zoom meeting link during the regular conference time so that they will get an email indicating that you would like to be contacted to set up another meeting when they are available. You can also email the teacher directly to set up a meeting time. In the email, please include your student’s name, a window of time that will work for you, and any concerns if applicable.
Teachers will be unavailable for conferences during their dinner break.
- 4:30-4:50 - Math / Special Education / Foreign Language
- 4:50-5:10 - Science / Business / FACS / Industrial Arts
- 5:10-5:30 - ELA / Art / Music / JROTC / Counseling
- 5:30-5:50 - Social Studies / Theater / Physical Education
How to Join a Meeting:
- From the Staff Directory for Virtual Parent Teacher Conferences, find the teacher you want to meet with. This can be done by clicking on the department or by using the short-cut keys to look up the teacher’s name.
- Once you find the teacher’s information, click on the Zoom Virtual Meeting Link.
- If there is a *** by the teacher’s name, that teacher may not be available on one or both conference days and has emailed their students their alternate conference days.
- If you would prefer to email a teacher to set up a time for your virtual conference, please do so using the email link. In the email, please include your student’s name, a window of time that will work for you, and any concerns if applicable.
- If you are using a phone or tablet, you will need to have the Zoom app installed.
Installing Zoom on a Phone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z16EQnJk2GU
- If you are on a computer, after you click the Zoom Virtual Meeting link, click “join from your browser”. If you are on a phone or tablet, the Zoom app should open or you will be prompted to install it.
- On the Zoom login page, please type your name, a dash, and your student’s name. Example: Jane Doe - John Smith
- Once you have asked to join a meeting, you will see one of two things:
- If the teacher has not started the meeting yet or is not available during that time, you will see a message that the meeting has not started. At this point, you can wait for a few minutes to see if the teacher will start the meeting or you can email them to let them know you want to schedule a meeting. In the email, please include your student’s name, a window of time that will work for you, and any concerns if applicable.
- If the teacher has started the meeting but is currently with another parent, you will see a message that you are waiting on the host. It's a possibility that there could be a couple of other parents waiting in line ahead of you. Conferences will be limited to 10 minutes and parents will be admitted into the Zoom meeting based upon order of entry into the teacher's waiting room.
- If you have been waiting for an extended period of time and still have not been allowed into the meeting, please email the teacher to set up a scheduled conference or try again a little later.
If you prefer directions with pictures, please use this link: ENTERING A ZOOM MEETING - INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS (link goes to a google doc)