Welcome to the WCHS Student Resources Home Page!
WCHS Summer School Information
SUMMER SCHOOL & DRIVER'S EDUCATION
Please click HERE for WCHS Summer School Information. The link opens a google slides presentation.
Driver's Education will be offered at WCHS this summer. Students who are interested should report to the high school cafetera (use Dome entrance) on June 1st at 8:00am. Students should plan to attend class in the cafeteria June 1st through June 5th from 8:00am-12:00pm each day. More information will be presented and questions will be answered at that time.
Tech HelpDesk Announcements
- ALL seniors need to turn in their chromebook, charger, and bag before graduation, even if you qualified to keep your device.
- Please make sure you take all trash and personal items out of the bag.
- Please make sure that your charger is in the bag if you did not qualify to keep your chromebook.
- Email Mrs. Harlen at email@example.com to schedule a time to return your chromebook or you may return it on Thursday, May 28 from 4-6 pm.
SUMMER LAUNCH CLASS INFORMATIONStudents, if you are interested in taking an online Launch class this summer (June/July only) please click HERE for more information.
GRADES 9-11 - SUMMER CHROMEBOOK INFORMATION
- All students in grades 9-11 will keep their chromebook over the summer.
- If you are not going to use your chromebook over the summer, please make sure it is fully charged, then shut it down and store it in a safe place.
- If you will not be attending Webb City High School next school year, please call 417-673-5065 before you move to set up a time to return your chromebook. You may also return the device to Central Office during their summer business hours, or if you already know you are leaving the district, you may turn in your chromebook, charger, and bag on Thursday, May 28 from 4-6pm.
- Students who were in check-in/check-out prior to the COVID19 extended break will be put back into check-in/check-out next school year. If you were in temporary check-in/check-out due to having a tech repair fee, you will be taken out of check-in/check-out next year if your repair fee has been paid.
- If you are using a multimedia macbook or a journalism laptop, please talk to your teacher to find out what to do with that device over the summer.
Chromebooks should be charged at home each night:
It is your responsibility to bring your chromebook to school fully charged each day and to bring your charger with you to school in case you need it. Please do not get in the habit of only charging your device at school. Most classrooms do not have enough wall plugs/power strips to handle the demand.
CTL and HP Chromebook Battery Health: (freshmen and sophomore devices)
If you were issued a CTL (red bag) or an HP chromebook, please make sure you do not let the battery run down below 15%. If your battery gets to 1%, your chromebook may not turn back on until you've left your device on the charger for a while and it may reset itself, too. Running your battery down to 1% frequently will also shorten its life.
How to Clear the Cache and Reset Settings on your chromebook.
Clear the Cache:
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the window to bring up the menu.
- Hover over 'More Tools' and then choose 'Clear Browsing Data'.
- Wait for the window to pop up.
- Make sure Time Range is set to 'All time'. (you must do this step)
- Check the boxes next to 'Cookies and other site data' and 'Cached images and files'.
- Uncheck any other boxes that might be checked.
- Click the 'Clear Data' button and wait a few moments for it to clear the cache.
- Close ALL Chrome windows you have open. (you must do this step)
- Re-open Chrome.
- Go into Settings on your chromebook.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the settings page and click Advanced.
- Scroll all the way down again and click Reset Settings. A window will open.
- Click Reset Settings again and let it do its thing. (this may take a few moments)
- Once it's done, click out of the settings window and close out of Chrome. (close all open windows)
- Sign out of your device and sign back in, as the reset may have logged you out of your google apps, too.
Keyboard Issues (certain letters/numbers don't work when you press them)
- Sign out of your account.
- Press the Refresh and Power keys at the same time and release them.
- The chromebook should restart, but you may have to press power to turn it back on.
- Test the wonky keys to see if Refresh/Power fixed the issue.
- If the keys are still messing up, bring your device to the HelpDesk.
Are You Having Trouble Logging Into MathXL?
1) Don't use an old bookmark.
- Instead, search for and go to the mathxlforschool webpage and sign in from there.
If that doesn't work...
2) Reset settings on your Chromebook
- go into Settings
- scroll all the way down to the bottom of the settings page
- click Advanced
- scroll all the way down to the bottom of the settings page again and click Reset Settings
- click Reset Settings again and let it do its thing
- close out of all open windows/tabs
- sign out of the chromebook
- sign back in to the chromebook
- try signing into MathXL again