Welcome to the WCHS Student Resources Home Page!
Are you getting a filter prompt every time you open a new tab? Clear the cache in Chrome. If that doesn't work, Reset Settings on your chromebook.
- Open Chrome
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the window to bring up the menu
- Hover over 'More Tools' and then choose 'Clear Browsing Data'
- Wait for the window to pop up
- Make sure Time Range is set to 'All time'
- Check the boxes next to 'Cookies and other site data' and 'Cached images and files'
- Uncheck any other boxes that might be checked
- Click the 'Clear Data' button and wait a few moments for it to clear the cache
- Close ALL Chrome windows you have open (you must do this step)
- Re-open Chrome and you should not have any more filter prompts
- Go into Settings on your chromebook
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the settings page and click Advanced
- Scroll all the way down again and click Reset Settings. A window will open.
- Click Reset Settings again and let it do its thing. (this may take a few moments)
- Once it's done, click out of the settings window and close out of Chrome. (close all open windows)
- Reopen Chrome and the filter prompt should be gone.
- You might want to sign out of your device and sign back in, as the reset may log you out of your google apps, too.
HP Chromebook Keyboard Issue (certain letters/numbers don't work when you press them)
- Sign out of your account
- Press the Refresh and Power keys at the same time and release them
- The chromebook will restart and the wonky keys should work normally again
- If the keys are still messing up, bring your device to the HelpDesk
Are You Having Trouble Logging Into MathXL?
1) Don't use an old bookmark.
- Instead, search for and go to the mathxlforschool webpage and sign in from there.
If that doesn't work...
2) Reset settings on your Chromebook
- go into Settings
- scroll all the way down to the bottom of the settings page
- click Advanced
- scroll all the way down to the bottom of the settings page again and click Reset Settings
- click Reset Settings again and let it do its thing
- close out of all open windows/tabs
- sign out of the chromebook
- sign back in to the chromebook
- try signing into MathXL again
Is Your Chromebook Shutting Down Instead of Sleeping When You Close the Lid?
Is your Chromebook Shutting Down Unexpectedly While You Are Using It?
- Turn Bluetooth off and see if that fixes the issue.
- Update your device and see if that fixes the issue. (you may have to turn Bluetooth back off)